Airport Shuttle Service to Host Hotels
The South Dakota WASHTO Team will supplement host hotel* airport shuttles with a complimentary shuttle service for both arrivals and departures at peak arrival and departure times. All host hotels have airport shuttles to handle arrivals and departures outside of the shuttle schedule.
WASHTO Operated Supplemental Airport Shuttle Service to Host Hotels*
- Saturday, June 9th - 11:30am to 9:30pm
- Sunday, June 10th - 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Thursday, June 14th - 4:30am to 12:30pm
It is anticipated that shuttle demand will be high for departures on Thursday, June 14th. WASHTO participants should factor in wait time for their airport commute. The WASHTO Team will have staff at the Rapid City Airport on June 9 & 10 if you need assistance.
* Host Hotels are:
- Rushmore Plaza Holiday Inn
- The Rushmore Hotel
- Hotel Alex Johnson
- Cambria Suites
- Mainstay Suites
- Howard Johnson
Host Hotel Shuttle Service
Complimentary WASHTO operated shuttle service will be available from host hotels* (see above) to the convention site, the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center. Shuttles will run on the following schedule:
- Sunday, June 10 – 2:00pm to 9:00pm
- Monday, June 11 – 7:00am to 5:15pm
- Tuesday, June 12 – 7:00am to 10:00pm
- Wednesday, June 13 – 7:00am to 10:00pm
Shuttles will pick-up and drop-off passengers at the east entrance to the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center. Shuttles will run continually through the day, however, WASHTO participants should factor in a short wait time into their convention site commute.
Hotel Operated Shuttle Information
Holiday Inn Rapid City-Rushmore Plaza:
The hotel offers complimentary shuttle services to/from the airport and within 5 miles of the hotel. Guests must call the hotel at 605-348-4000 for pick up from airport. Let the front desk know in advance when you would like to return to the airport.
- Hours of Operation: 4:30am - 11:00pm
- Local Shuttle Radius: 5 miles from Hotel
A shuttle operated by Airport Express will be parked outside baggage claim for every arriving flight into the Rapid City Regional Airport. Rides are $12 per person for guests needing a ride to/from the hotel. Guests will need to schedule a ride back to the airport through the front desk. Your return ride must be scheduled at least 24-hours prior to your requested departure.
The hotel offers complimentary airport shuttle service. Please call the hotel at 605-348-8300 a few days in advance of your arrival to let them know your flight schedule. Your return shuttle must be scheduled at least 24-hours prior to your requested departure.
The hotel offers complimentary airport shuttle service. Call the hotel at 605-737-4656 to let them know when you have arrived. The airport shuttle area is located outside of baggage claim. Your return shuttle must be scheduled at least 24-hours prior to your requested departure.
A complimentary airport shuttle is offered on a first come/first served basis. Guests must call the hotel in in advance of arrival to let them know your flight schedule (Cambria 605-341-0101; MainStay 605-719-5151). Please schedule your return shuttle to the airport at the front desk.
Transit is available through Rapid City’s Rapid Transit System (RTS). Prior to using please visit www.rapidride.org or call (605) 394-6631 for schedules and fees. The services available are:
- Rapid Ride - a fixed route, fixed time transit service to many locations in Rapid City. See the map or go-online for more information.
- Dial A Ride - an on-call transit service for those meeting criteria specified by the ADA
- City View Trolley - while not a transit service, RTS offers the City View Trolley for those interested in an hour-long tour of points-of-interest in Rapid City
Private Transportation Services
- Diamond Premier Limo – 605-787-6796 - www.blackhillslimo.com
- Legendary Limousine – 605-430-0610 - legendarylimo.net
- Safe Limo – 605-858-2016 - www.safelimo.biz
- Presidential Limousines & Luxury Tours – 605-390-3691
- Avis Car Rental - (605) 393-0740 - www.avis.com (Discount Code: G975000)
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car – 605-399-9939 - www.enterprise.com
- Hertz – 605-393-0160 - www.hertz.com
- Budget Car Rental – 605-393-0488 - www.budget.com
- Casey’s Auto Rental – 605-343-2277 - www.caseyscorner.com
- City Cab – 605-863-1111 - www.rapidcitytaxicab.com
- Rapid Taxi Inc. – 605-348-8080 - www.rapidtaxisd.us
Ride Share Services
- Lyft - Lyft operates in Rapid City. Download the App on your smartphone - www.lyft.com
- Uber - Uber does not operate in Rapid City
OTHER TRANSPORATION CONSIDERATIONS ….
Going Out Downtown and need transportation?
- The Rushmore Hotel and Hotel Alex Johnson– if you are staying at either of these locations, your hotel is located downtown, within easy walking distance to many dining and retail establishments.
- Rushmore Plaza Holiday Inn, Cambria Suites, MainStay Suites, and Howard Johnson – if you are staying at any of these four locations and need a ride to your hotel from downtown, consider taking the shuttle from your hotel to the Civic Center and then catching the shuttle to either the Rushmore Hotel or Hotel Alex Johnson to access downtown and then doing the reverse to return to your hotel. Please keep in mind the Host Hotel Shuttle Service schedule.
- Many of the host hotels will provide shuttle services to other locations in Rapid City. Check at the front desk for availability.
If you like to walk, here are the distances and approximate times to reach the WASHTO Conference at the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center:
- Rushmore Plaza Holiday Inn - adjacent to Rushmore Plaza Civic Center (~2 minutes)
- Hotel Alex Johnson - .6 miles (~12 minutes)
- Howard Johnson - .4 miles (~8 minutes)
- Rushmore Hotel - .6 miles (~11 minutes)
- Cambria Suites - walking not recommended due to distance
- MainStay Suites - walking not recommended due to distance