Sunday Optional Activities
Golf (4 Person Scramble)
Sunday, June 10, 2018
6:30 AM - 2:30 PM
Price: $90.00 ($100 after May 10)
The course has been named #1 Public Golf Course in South Dakota by GolfWeek and Golf Digest (www.golfclubatredrock.com).
6:30am Load bus at Holiday Inn (next to the Rushmore Civic Center)
6:45am Bus leaves for golf course
7:00am Arrive at course, check-in, & breakfast at The Golf Club at Red Rock
8:00am Tee Off – shotgun start at assigned holes
1:00pm Lunch and awards at The Golf Club at Redrock
2:00pm Bus departs for Holiday Inn
- Early registration fee $90/golfer (by 5/10/18). Late registration $100/golfer (after 5/10/18).
- Registration fee includes green fees, cart, breakfast, and lunch
- Each person is asked to register individually, but you may list group preferences during registration or you can register to be placed on a team at random
- Please include your handicap or approximate average score when registering
- Beverage Cart will be available on the course
- Bring golf clubs to Holiday Inn Sunday morning at 6:30am to be loaded on the bus
- Shuttles will be available to the Holiday Inn on Sunday morning and back to participants motels after golf and returning to the Holiday Inn
Mickelson Trail Bike Ride
Sunday, June 10, 2018
7:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Price: $25.00 ($40 after May 10)
The George S. Mickelson Trail, in the heart of the beautiful Black Hills, was completed in September of 1998. Its gentle slopes and easy access allow people of all ages and abilities to enjoy the beauty of the Black Hills. The Mickelson Trail was originally the Burlington Northern line that took trains from Edgemont, SD to the northern Black Hills and the gold mines of Deadwood area. The track, built originally in 9 months and 22 days, was abandoned in 1983. A group of outdoor enthusiasts recognized the trail’s potential, and with support of the then Governor Mickelson, it became the state’s first rails to trails project.
The trail is 109 miles long and contains more than 100 converted railroad bridges and 4 rock tunnels. The trail surface is primarily crushed limestone and gravel. There are 15 trailheads, all of which offer parking, self-sale trail pass stations, vault toilets, and tables. A majority of the trail does not exceed a 4% grade, but parts of the trail are considered strenuous.
- Riders will board the bus at the Rushmore Plaza Holiday Inn at 7AM and travel approximately 1 hour to the Dumont Trailhead, the highest point along the Mickelson Trail.
- From Dumont we will ride approximately 3 hours along 32 miles of the trial south into Hill City, the first organized town in the Black Hills. Along the way we will traverse through 4 tunnels and many bridges as we cross the headwaters of Rapid Creek.
- The ride will end at the Burlington Northern Trailhead in Hill City, where lunch will be provided. Riders will then re-board the bus and return to the Civic Center around 2 PM.
- The cost of the ride is $25 and includes transportation to and from the Mickelson Trail, trail fees, trail support, lunch at Hill City, t-shirt, and a water bottle.
We will transport bikes for those who wish to bring their own bikes. A mountain bike or cross bike is best suited to the trail. Otherwise, bike rentals will be available for $25 and delivered to Dumont. Riders who stay at downtown host hotels and bring their own bikes are encouraged to ride their bikes to the Rushmore Plaza Holiday Inn for the 7AM departure. Shuttle transportation for riders and their bikes will be available from the Cambria/Mainstay to the Rushmore Plaza Holiday Inn and will depart the Cambria/Mainstay at 6:30 AM.
For more on the Mickelson Trail, visit:
Excursion to Deadwood
Sunday, June 10, 2018
9:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Price: $25.00 ($35 after May 10)
Deadwood became famous during the gold rush in the late 1800’s as prospectors came to Deadwood Gulch in search of a better life. Strike it rich in modern day Deadwood playing one of the many Las Vegas style games at a local casino. Or explore the many attractions in Deadwood that celebrate its history of the old west, gambling, gold mines and outlaws. A variety of lunch options are also available during the excursion.
- Buses will depart from the Rushmore Plaza Holiday Inn at 9:30am (MDT) and arrive in Deadwood at 10:30am (MDT)
- On site in Deadwood from 10:30am – 3:00pm (MDT), Lunch is on your own.
- Buses will depart at 3:00pm from Deadwood Visitor Center and arrive at the Rushmore Plaza Holiday Inn at 4:00pm (MDT)
- Cost $25 includes transportation, trolley pass in Deadwood, coupon book for local attractions & refreshments on the bus