Guest Program Activities
Crazy Horse Memorial, Lunch & 1880 Train
Monday, June 11, 2018
9:30 AM - 3:30 PM
The first adventure will be driving thru the beautiful Black Hills to Crazy Horse Memorial. The Ziolkowski family continues the progress on the world’s largest sculptural undertaking by carving a Memorial of Lakota leader Crazy Horse. Enjoy lunch at Laughing Water and then tour the museum which features American Indian art and artifacts from tribes across North America. Travel next to Hill City and get “All Aboard” the historical steam 1880 train from Hill City to Keystone. Last stop on the tour will be walking through Keystone to grab some homemade taffy and other souvenirs from the Black Hills of South Dakota.
- Buses will depart from the Rushmore Plaza Holiday Inn at 9:30am (MDT) and arrive at Crazy Horse Memorial
- On-Site at Crazy Horse Memorial, Lunch at Laughing Water 11am (MDT)
- Buses will depart at 12:30pm (MDT) from Crazy Horse Memorial and arrive in Hill City to board the 1:15pm (MDT) 1880 Train arriving to Keystone at 2:15pm (MDT)
- Buses will depart at 2:45pm (MDT) from Keystone back to the Rushmore Plaza Holiday Inn at 3:30pm (MDT)
Wine Tasting at Local Wineries in Hill City with Lunch at Prairie Berry Winery
Tuesday, June 12, 2018
10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
(ages 21 and up)
Join in the fun of tasting great wines, some made with South Dakota wild native grapes. Each winery has their own wine tasting experience which you will not want to miss. Award winning Prairie Berry has a rich wine making family tradition still continuing today (5th generation). Learn which wine is best to accompany cheese and desserts. You will want to take some home with you to share with family and friends. Finish by having lunch at Prairie Berry Winery.
- Buses will depart from the Rushmore Plaza Holiday Inn at 10:00am (MDT) and arrive at Hill City
- On-site stops at Naked Winery and Prairie Berry Winery (including lunch)
- Buses will depart at 2:00pm (MDT) from Prairie Berry Winery back to the Rushmore Plaza Holiday Inn at 3:00pm (MDT)
Philanthropic Project (SoleHope), City Walking Tour and Lunch
Wednesday, June 13, 2018
9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Start your day partnering with SoleHope in Uganda. The lives of many men, women and children are being impacted by receiving jobs, medical treatment, education and HOPE. Come find out what exciting project you can help with this year’s philanthropic project.
You will then walk a short distance to beautiful downtown Rapid City. Experience Prairie Edge Trading Post, City of Presidents, Art Alley and much more. Finally, enjoy lunch overlooking the city of Rapid City at the Rushmore Hotel & Suites.
Spouse/Guest Hospitality Room (Rushmore Plaza Holiday Inn):
- 9:00am (MDT) to 11:00am (MDT) Philanthropic Project (Sole Hope)
Rapid City Walking Tour (depart from Rushmore Plaza Holiday Inn):
- 11:30 am (MDT) Walking downtown Rapid City Tour
- Lunch 12:45pm (MDT) at the Rushmore Hotel & Suites
- Either return to the Rushmore Plaza Holiday Inn at 1:45pm (MDT) or continue touring downtown Rapid City on your own